Monday 8 February 2016

Homemade Valentines Gift Idea.

Homemade Valentines Gift

I'm This is not football related in any way 
BUT
seen as Valentines Day is coming up, I thought I'd post this!




I had an idea to make a thoughtful gift,
something that means a lot to the person it was for.


I got square a piece of wood and some nails.


I then printed out a map of Tenerife (where my girlfriend is from)
You can use any design, place or shape.


I placed the map in the center and started hammering some nails around the outline of the map.


I thought it would be easy but placing the nails so close together was hard
and I hit my fingers with the hammer about 5,000 times.


After a while I finally had the Tenerife outline done!


I removed the map.
It looked like a duck to me so I wasn't sure how it would turn out in the end.




I then started to nail a Love Heart shape in the area she is from.

You know what they say.

'Home is where the heart is'


This is where it got difficult. 
I used Red thread to go around the nails on the outline and in to the heart.
This was a very slow and difficult process,
but it turned out great in the end.


The love heart was probably the hardest part as it is so small 
and wrapping the thread around it wasn't easy. 



Close up. 
What do you think?


Here it is, completed!

I added black thread to outline it.


This Homemade gift was really appreciated!! 
You don't need to go out and spend crazy money on something.
Sometimes the best things can't be bought.
Its mad what you can do with some wood, nails and thread.

So if you're feeling creative and want to make a thoughtful present for someone you love,
Give this a shot!

If you have any questions, 
comment below!

Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment