Friday 16 October 2015

Nike Mercurial Veloce - The step by step makeover!

I've wanted to do something to these Mercurials for a long time. 

This is the first time I've done anything like this, so please don't mind any of the messiness. The next time will be better, I promise!
BEFORE


I printed Tiger stripes and cut them out so I could use the page as a stencil.


I covered the parts I didn't want to paint with masking tape.
And then I sized up the stencil and cut it in half to cover one side of the boot.


I covered the boot with the stencil and used a glossy black spray paint.


Videos on YouTube of these being sprayed! 


Please subscribe! 


I removed the stencil and was happy with how it turned out. 
But some paint did drip down onto the blades because I didn't cover it well enough.



Then I used the other half of the stencil to cover the other side.
This time I made sure the stencil was tighter and covered the boot.









I'm really happy with how this turned out. This was a fun project. It was also very cheap. 
You can buy DIY kits for about €40, which is pretty expensive.
Or you can send your boots off to get Blacked Out, which is also expensive. 

So if you are artistic at all, or just a perfectionist, I suggest you give this a go! Maybe not on your favorite boots.

Leave a comment below on what you think, or if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Thanks for reading :)






4 comments: